Senior Analyst - Copper
Our client is a Management Consultancy dedicated to the global commodities industry with more than 90 years of experience. This firm have a global reputation for premium research and consultancy products and services.
Currently our client is in the market to identify and attract a Principal Consultant who will ideally be based at their UK HQ.
The successful candidate will thrive on working in an independent business culture where working proactively and autonomously is essential. The successful candidate will be copper experienced although our team are also open to listening to other commodities experience. In addition, the successful candidate will thrive on occupying a leadership role and be motivated by multi-dimensional senior responsibilities that will cover consulting, research and analytical tasks but also management and business development.
- Lead author for Copper reports, supported by the Commodities Analyst (stainless steel and supply) and China Head (cobalt and China) and the batteries team, data analysis in Germany
- Lead business development and delivery of copper related consulting projects
- Lead the re-design of copper end use statistics database, including making the database more usable to other commodities
- Liase and work with the Manager of Mining & Cost Modelling and his team on copper cost products
- Experience of copper markets as an analyst or industry player
- Previously conducted to original & in-depth research
- Contributed & lead and develop consulting studies and new business leads
- Taken ownership of copper reports (ideally covered these commodities although open to considering other related commodities)
- Able to not only update, but reorganize, expand, integrate and develop databases including
- Regular and routine maintenance of production and project database
- Ensuring that our client’s database is improved to enable more client-facing use in consulting work
- Working with our client's cobalt analysts to ensure integration of copper analysis, particularly as regards production and projects
- Integration of existing cost work to develop and launch a complete nickel cost curve, including a multi-client version
- Able to strategically position the business within the copper space to maintain a lead and USP over competitors
I’d be interested to hold a confidential discussion to allow our team and I to understand your career to date and future aspirations
Founder & Managing Director